The main advantages of disdrometer are listed here.
- No moving parts, Maintenance-free
- Long life, low power consumption
- Wide range voltage supply 9~36V DC
- Various installation bases
- Supporting multiple protocols support, SDI12/MODBUS/Ascii
- Typical Application in Shadow Work Effectiveness Assessment
- Observation of Raindrop Spectrum and Fog
- Measurement of Precipitation and Fog Weather Phenomena
- ZR Factor Calibration of Rainfall Radar and Weather Radar
- Scientific Research on Precipitation Process
- Soil and Water Loss and Soil Conservation
|Liquid precipitation particle diameter size 0.2—5mm|
Solid precipitation particle diameter size 0.2—25mm
Particle size distribution
|32 level particle diameter size and 32 level descent velocity|
|Drizzle, rain, snow, sleet, hail, etc., can provide the WMO 4688/4677 (SYNOP) 4678 (METAR) and the national code.|
|±1 Level ( 0.2-2mm)；±0.5 Level (>2mm)|
|RS232 / RS485 / SDI 12 / pulse output (0.1 mm) precipitation|
Enclosure protection class
|Power supply mode|
Can be used in coastal areas
A disdrometer is a laser instrument that measures the drop size distribution falling hydrometeors.
- Droplet Spectrum of Precipitation
- Precipitation types
- Precipitation intensity
- Radar Reflectivity
- Horizontal visibility
- Evaluation of Artificial Rainfall Efficiency
- Soil erosion Assessment
- Monitoring of Soil Momentum
- Rainfall Radar Coefficient Calibration
- Analysis of Regional Rainfall Patterns
- Analysis of Extremely Heavy Rainfall
No.Their positioning is different. Conventional Tipping rain gauges are mainly used as wmo-approved main rainfall observation equipments, mainly used in the meteorological station system.
The disdrometer is a professional analytical instrument, mainly for scientific research users, independent deployment of the field.
Disdrometer can monitor horizontal visibility information, but it is only a subsidiary function, and its monitoring range is small, so it can not replace professional visibility sensor.